The MetaCombine Project: Links
MetaCombine production sites:
- Southern Spaces - New, Open Access online journal on the American South. This is the core of the scholarly portal aspect of MetaCombine.
- AmericanSouth CWIS Instance - The AmericanSouth.org collection, loaded into CWIS, made browseable with MetaCombine semantic clustering.
- SouthernSearches - (coming soon) Upcoming production site, to apply MetaCombine methods to the former AmericanSouth.org content.
- CWIS - The Collection Workflow Integration System, a digital library system built by the Internet Scout Project for use in NSDL (but applicable to any sort of digital library).
- DP9 - DP9 is "gatewaying" software which exposes the contents of an OAI provider to standard web clients. This enables them to be processed via web crawlers. We used DP9 in MetaCombine project phase B1 — combined search via web crawling.
- Lucene - Lucene is a java search engine library, from the Apache Jakarta project. It is full-featured enough to handle metadata. We used Lucene as the search engine basis for project phase B2 — combined search via OAI-PMH.
- Swish-e - Swish-e is a web indexing and search system. We used Swish-e to acquire, index, and search web content for the B1 phase of MetaCombine (combined search via web crawling).
- Prefuse - Prefuse is an interactive visualization toolkit in java. We are using prefuse to develop browse visualizations (and eventually interactive collection manipulation interfaces). We are using prefuse for phase A3 of MetaCombine — multi-dimensional visualization.
- iVia - iVia is a portal and digital library system from the INFOMINE consortium. While we are considering building production systems with it, we are currently only working with the Nalanda focused crawler that comes with it.
- Greenstone - Greenstone is digital-library-in-a-box software from Waikato univ, NZ. We are seeking to deploy production systems with Greenstone, and construct modules to enhance its functionality (such as an NMF-based clustering module).
- The MetaScholar Initiative - Emory General Libraries, Library Systems DL initiative, encompassing MetaCombine, AmericanSouth, MetaArchive, and more.
- AmericanSouth - Digital library/scholarly portal on the history and culture of the American South, built for a study of "harvesting" with the Open Archives initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH).
Other related links: